Self-tanning is a great way to get the sun-kissed look without having to spend time in the sun. However, there are a few things you need to do to prep your skin for a sunless tan. Here are tips to help you get the best results.
It’s that time of year again where the sun is shining and the temperatures are rising. The perfect time for a sunless tan! But before you head to the salon, there are a few things you need to prep for your sunless tan. Keep reading to learn what they are.
How do you prepare your skin before self-tanning?
Summertime means outdoor activities, swimsuits, and plenty of sun exposure. While a natural sun-kissed look is always coveted, achieving it can come with unwanted side effects like premature skin aging and skin cancer. A safe and healthy alternative to get that radiant glow is sunless tanning. If you’re new to this process, or just want to make sure you’re doing it right, here are the top six things you need to prep for your sunless tan.
- Exfoliate your skin before applying any self-tanner. This will help remove any dead skin cells and give you an even application.
- Choose the right sunscreen for your skin type and use it every day.
Now that you know all the things you need to do before your sunless tan, it’s time to prep your skin! Exfoliate and moisturize your skin before your tanning session. This will help the tanning solution to evenly distribute on your skin and give you a natural-looking glow.
Make sure to shave and wax any areas you plan to tan beforehand. Shaving will help the solution to absorb better, while waxing will help to avoid any unwanted patches.
If you have any tattoos or piercings, make sure to cover them up with a bandage or petroleum jelly. The tanning solution can cause these areas to become irritated.
If you want to avoid streaks and uneven color, it’s important that you exfoliate your skin every time before you tan. This will help remove dead skin cells and allow the solution to evenly distribute on your skin for a natural-looking glow.
Tips for the best spray tan: make sure it’s safe and effective
Are you looking for a better way to get that summer glow? Here are some tips on how to find the best spray tan in town!
- Consider your skin tone and hair color when deciding what type of tan will suit you.
- Do a little research before going in so that you know what the price range is. The prices can vary greatly depending on where you go. Be wary of cheaper places because they may not have been around as long or have good reviews from past customers.
- Ask about any discounts offered, such as for first-time visitors or if it’s your birthday month at their salon. Many studios offer these types of promotions during certain times of the year, like spring break and summertime. Happy spray tan!